Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Year of Tim Morgan or Year of Tony Polite?

Now usually I don't do this but I was compelled. I'm not trying to be rude, just a little friendly competition. So here is the backdrop. Tim Morgan and I have come to a mutual challenge to go head to head in this weekends 5k. Lets get the facts straight here, I'm currently in the midst of my track season running solely 800M races and anchoring 4x400's. Occasionally I have deviated to blast others in a 20k but keeping in perspective I'm a sprinter. I'm in the middle of my my most productive season/year as a runner. I'm currently splitting 48 high for 400M, and have personal bests of 1:53.12 for 800M, 15:53 for 5k, 26:12 for 8k, and 1:09:08 for 20k. Not the best marks or fastest times I know. However this much I'm sure, this is my year and I will take down my dear friend Timmy Morgan in any 5,000 meter race on any given day. I'm not being cocky rather extremely confident. Come on I'm the new age runner. Cool, good looking, fast, versatile, smart. You can't break my stride man. "When your so good that you can't say it, because it aint even cool for you to sound cocky anymore." Hah, words from my good friend Eminem. Just make sure that you come to this race cash in hand Timmy. Make all checks payable to Anthony Harris. Maybe even buy a money order so we have proof this happened. I might not even cash it. I'll just put it on my plaque wall with the rest of my medals in the races which I've been the heartbreaker. I've even been contemplating exactly how I would beat ol' Morgan this Sunday. Should I do it in dramatic fashion with a powerful kick in the last 400M? Should I sit on him the whole race to just pass him at the finish line? Or should I just dominate him from the gun? Though this blog session is mostly in jest It does come down to this. Whose year is it, Tim Morgan, or Tony Polite? Be at Stomp the Monster 5k in Marlboro 4/22/12 for the stunning conclusion.

I love you Tim! But this Sunday you get NO LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment