Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fall Training Begins

It's an un-daunting task to come back from a break after the spring season in the middle of summer to start training again. Yet, here I am excited and ready to roll. Honestly it's been a rough couple of months for me dating back to my season ending P.R in the 800m. I hit my goal of 1:52 on the last meet of the season which validates any hardship it took to get there. Still I find myself even more hungry and ready for a grueling year of training and racing. As I prepare to start building mileage for an appropriate base phase, I constantly look to obtain as much joy as I can from running. With a hectic schedule, child, and a girlfriend running is a way of life for me and must have its own schedule, time, and place. I look forward to making the XC National team which will travel to Kentucky for the race. Coming across the tape in 1:50/sub 1:50 for 800M indoors is very much a reality. Then shaving for spring and running 1:49/1:48 outdoors is the ultimate goal for the year. I'm hoping to stay healthy and level headed enough to accomplish these goals. I cannot stress enough how much I love being a part of Garden State Track Club and the constant gratification which becomes of a team run or team outing. I'm looking to be more of a leader within our own Sprint Group specifically with our Mid-Distance runners as I hope to pave way for them. So I start my fall training building from 50 miles a week and hoping to reach 80 for base. I want to learn as much as I can this year about my specific race and pay more detail to the sport in whole instead of just showing up to race and run. So lets get this thing started and plan on hearing a little bit more from me blog wise and in the results. I'm done rambling now. Catch me on the next run.

No comments:

Post a Comment